ONLINE INSCHRIJVING GEOPEND
Het is eindelijk zover, de gratis online registratie voor BCF Career Event België 2017 is open! Het event is speciaal voor studenten, starters en professionals op TSO, BSc, MSc, PhD en postdoc niveau. Bent u er ook bij op 16 november? Meld u dan snel aan!
Postdoctoral Scientist, Translational Biomarkers HBV
Vacature Postdoctoral Scientist, Translational Biomarkers HBV
The research of the postdoctoral scientist will focus primarily on large HBV patient cohorts from observational studies that have been set up especially for this biomarker research. An extensive exploratory analysis approach, involving a diversity of high-dimensional experimental assays at various levels (DNA, RNA, protein, ..) will be required for the identification of critical biomarkers associated with effective long-term control or cure of the HBV infection. As different components of the immune system are assumed to significantly contribute to the control and/or resolving of HBV in patients, it is appreciated that the biomarker research efforts are rapidly moving towards analyses at single-cell level. Further validation of the resulting outcome and exploration in cellular models is also in scope.
The candidate will combine hands-on laboratory work with data analysis of various omics methodologies, with particular emphasis to single cell (type) level approaches. Thereto, he/she will work in close collaboration with the other scientists and laboratory staff of the translational biomarkers, translational medicine, discovery sciences and quantitative sciences teams. The candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with external collaborators (academic and others) involved in these studies.
It is expected that the outcome of this work will lead to high-quality publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world and employs more than 4,000 professionals in Belgium. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Infectious Diseases therapeutic area of Janssen R&D is pioneering new treatment paradigms for hepatitis B (HBV), and has several assets at different stages of discovery research and early clinical development. These involve agents acting directly on the life cycle of the virus or agents revamping the host immune response to the chronic infection. The diversity in working mechanisms of these novel therapeutic options poses challenges for the selection of appropriate readouts that reflect or can predict clinical efficacy in chronically infected HBV patients. The rapidly evolving environment of HBV treatment modalities provides a strong impetus to investigate and identify how combinations of viral and host factors are predictive and provide insight in mechanisms of response to such novel therapeutic options.
Profiel Postdoctoral Scientist, Translational Biomarkers HBV
- MD/PhD or PhD in Medical Sciences, Bioengineering, Biology or related field, with a good track record of publications from his/her PhD.
- Experience with multiple omics platforms applied for biomarker research in the context of translational clinical studies.
- A solid knowledge of immunology science and at least basic skills for laboratory work with primary (human) immune cells is required; expertise of flow cytometry and/or cell sorting is considered an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with (open source and other) computational tools required for the analysis of omics biomarker data, with a good understanding of appropriate statistical approaches.
- Have the drive and capability to translate omics data from various sources into biologically meaningful information, based on a solid biology background and a flexible, open mindset.
- Enthusiastic personality who enjoys a balanced combination of hands-on laboratory work and advanced data analysis.
- Excellent communication, reporting and team working skills. Able to effectively report and present scientific data and concepts according to international standards of the scientific community.
- The ideal candidate will have acquired some expertise relevant for the project already during his/her PhD research, and is intrigued to extend this expertise while gaining experiences in a pharma research environment.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
ONLINE INSCHRIJVING GEOPEND
OVER BCF CAREER EVENT
BCF Career Event is sinds 2005 de grootste en meest toonaangevende carrièrebeurs in Europa voor hoogopgeleiden in Life Sciences, Chemie, Food & Farma met in Nederland jaarlijks ruim 2000 bezoekers en meer dan 100 deelnemende organisaties. Op 16 november wordt het event ook voor de tweede keer in België georganiseerd.
EXPOSEREN OP BCF
Bent u als werkgever op zoek naar nieuw talent en wilt u uw imago als aantrekkelijke werkgever versterken? BCF Career biedt u effectieve en voordelige tools aan om dit te realiseren!
Vraag de deelnamebrochure vandaag nog aan en voor vragen neem gerust contact met ons op. Wij lichten graag toe wat BCF voor u kan betekenen.